With Summer over and Fall beginning to drift away, we thought we would switch gears and help you prepare yourself for the upcoming winter months! I know we don't want to think about bundling up in scarves, hats and mittens, but it may be the only way to avoid cold season!
Just in case Old Man Winter bites hard this winter season, you'll be safe knowing you followed our guidelines to beating the cold!
1. Over half of your body heat is lost throught the head and neck! Make sure you bundle up with a hat and scarf to conserve that much needed body heat!
2. Double check to make sure your house is properly insulated. This will prevent any cold drafts that may be lurking around nipping at your toes.
3. Make sure you are drinking enough water! Even with all that snow around you, it is still possible to become dehydrated!
4. Wear warm, water repelling, loose fitting clothes. These will help to prevent and protect you from hypothermia. Crazy Fact: Hypothermia can occur even at degrees of 60-65!
5. Wash your hand regularly! We all know how illnessess can spread very quickly, so take your hygenic routine up to the next level, wash your hands often! After you open a door, after you sneeze, etc.
6. Try to stay away from heavy Hand Sanitizers. With a higher concentration of rubbing alcohol, these products can not only dry out your hands, but with excessive use can actually remove the natural flora (good kind of bacteria) increasing your chance of sickness.
7. Create a Cold Pack. In the case that you do come down with a cold or the flu, be prepared with your very own custom cold pack! Pack all of the things you like to have when your sick into a reasonably sized container or bag. You can place this in your car, under the seat or in the glove compartment. Or, for us ladies, we can place it directly in our purse, and be ready on the go!
Items you might want:
Extra Pair of Mittens
So, this Winter, don't be left out in the cold, with a cold! Follow our easy 7 Step prevention plan against the cold!